Friday, April 18, 2008

New Tunes



I need some suggestions again for music. I have to admit that I have no clue about new songs and artists. The most exposure I get to new music is when I am at the mall or American Idol.
I am officially an "old woman" as Alex would refer to me when we would get in the car and my talk radio was playing. But I just can't help it I love talk radio and it is the best way for me to feel like I have an idea about what is going on in the news and Dr. Laura is just so great!
But I am not a fan of talk radio when it comes to work outs so help me please. What/Who is new? What/Who is good? All kinds of music, give it to me...

(Are you serious about this toilet paper holder/iPod holder?! I better not let Ryan see this he might buy it!)

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I personally love The Black Eyed Peas as workout music...Great beats!
That's the only help I have. I still have oldies but goodies from the 80's/90's on my iPod!

Susan said...

Are you ready for this Taya? I have a long list for you. My faves right now are: Feist, Chris Cornell, Coldplay, Damien Rice, Death Cab for Cutie, Jamiroquai, Kaiser Chiefs, Kings of Convenience, The Postal Service, and The Shins. Honestly I'm not sure what music might be the best for working out or whatnot - some of it might be a little too mellow, but it's all awesome!

Jeppesen Family said...

Ok, first of all, when I saw your pic all I could think was "cool! I want that!" So I guess Ryan and I are on the same level, there.
As for music, I'm old, too. I don't listen to the radio, just CD's. I rely on my cool single friends to introduce me to new music. I'm in kinda a different genre than most, though, so you might not like these suggestions:
The Snake the cross the Crown, Muse, The Arcade Fire, and Manchester Orchestra are a few of my current favorites. Look on myspace music to hear some of the songs, and if you like I'll burn you some CD's :) Good luck!

Unknown said...

Did you know that you can get the songs you like on American Idol from Itunes....love it!!! Other than that, I am stuck listening to wheels on the bus and twinkle twinkle....never really ran to those ones but they may work too:)....btw ( that is my text talk) you are supposed to be doing a tag from me....I think you get like 7 years bag luck if you don't do it :)