Friday, May 25, 2007

Ogden Half Marathon

I am about a week late on this one but it will do. Last Saturday Heather and I got up at 4:00 to drive to Ogden and run the half marathon. It was a great experience, but I think it was a bit close to doing the Grand Canyon. I probably should have allowed more than a week to recover from that killer hike. So I was sore when I started and woke up Sunday feeling less sore than when I started the half on Saturday. That just goes to show the best way to recover from a long run is to run again! I am glad that I did it and since I will be in Logan for the summer and not in the deadly heat of Phoenix I am thinking I would like to do some more races, maybe another half,or a biathlon or maybe even a triathlon. So any of you girls that are up there if you are game you just let me know! Keep in mind I do these things for the sake of finishing I have no aspirations to actually race! I have no pictures to show as of right now because Heather has them and she is on a cruise so maybe I will post them later.

4 comments:

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy said...

I am glad to hear that you are alive after your race! Especially after hiking in the grand canyon the week before! Can't wait to see you guys again in Utah!

Susan said...

You are one tough woman, Taya. :) Keep us posted about Tess and her soon to be new arrival! Tell her hi for me!

Julie M. said...

You are amazing! I can't imagine running that far and in the heat, too! YIKES! So since you are coming to Logan, for sure look me up!