Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Grand Canyon







This weekend I packed up the two little ones and went to the Grand Canyon to meet up with my parents, Alex and his "special friend" Cami. We really missed Ryan but it is finals week, no fun for him!! We had a great time and did a killer hike. We went down the Kaibab trail to the river, over to Phantom Ranch and then up Bright Angel for a total of 16.5 miles! I am more sore than I was when I ran the Ogden Marathon last year. We left at 5:00 a.m. and came out of the Canyon at 2:00 p.m. Cami and I beat my Dad and Alex out and my mom stayed with the kids back at the hotel. Two years ago Ryan did this same hike with my Dad and Alex and was complaining and I really didn't give him much sympathy, but now I really empathize with him! Trevi also had a great time camping. She slept in the tent at the campsite. She really loves camping! Ezra, me and mom stayed back at the hotel (for Ezra's sake of course). We had a great time and I am sure I will forget all about how sore I am right now just in time to do it again next year!

2 comments:

Susan said...

So fun Taya! I'm proud of you for doing such a crazy hike! I'm sore just thinking about it. ;)

Trisha said...

So fun to see your adventures!