Sunday, February 24, 2008

Triathlon...Finally!!


I finally did my first triathlon! It was actually with the Senior Olympics but they open it up for all ages. My friend Kass did it with me and she totally rocked it!! She didn't even train and beat me by almost 15 minutes! I must say it was so much fun!!! It started with a 400 m swim and then we went to our bikes and did a 12-mile ride and then finished with a 5K.

After the race Trevi said "mommy one day me and you are going to run a race together and win because we have girl power." So cute.

Ezra was such a good supporter! Thanks so much to Ryan and Heather for coming and cheering us on!

My legs were so tired when the run started but I just had to keep moving even though I was slow.


Kass you rock! Thanks so much for doing this and I am looking forward to the next one!!





13 comments:

Adree said...

WOW!! I think right now if I even attempted that I would kill over. You Go Girl!

Annie Miller said...

Congrats! I guess you decided to do it. I sure wish I could swim better because I think a triathlon sounds like a blast. Way to go!

Peck Family said...

Taya and Kass! Good job you both looked great out there.

Unknown said...

Good Job Taya!!!! I cann't even swim without plugging my nose! I could've been your lil cheerleader though!!! GOOD JOB!!!!

Susan said...

Hooray for you Taya! That's so awesome!

Jeppesen Family said...

I'm so glad we did it together! That made it so much more fun! You rocked! So, I'm glad that half my body is hiding in the shadows of that last pic so we look the same size, rather than you looking half the size of me! I told Nathan that I couldn't believe how good you looked and it's really inspired me to kick it into high gear! Can you email the pics (seeing as I didn't have a hubby there to take them for me:) ) Can't wait for the... well you know. I'll see ya!

Jess said...

Holy cow! Go Taya and Kass!! I totally want to do one with you guys! I'll wait until after I quit nursing though.. You guys are awesome!

Stacy said...

Way to go Taya!! I am very impressed! By the way, you are looking really good in the pictures! Very skinny!

Shanda said...

COngrats!!!!! I am so impressed! I think I would have drowned....Anyway you look super great and in shape! I need to be more dedicated like you :)

Mauri said...

hey skinny mini-way to go! i am so proud of you and you look like a babe!!

the landreths said...

YEAH FOR YOU! You are so awesome! Congrats on finishing. Wish i could've been there to cheer you through the finish line.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so glad you finally got to do a triathlon. I got to do my first one of the season yesterday. I am so glad you liked it. They truly are one of the best things on this planet. Love Ya, Kami

Leah Miller said...

Taya, that is great and you look great too!