Monday, June 21, 2010

Cruisin Kid-Free

Hooray!! Ryan and I took a real vacation without the kids and it was heavenly! We didn't really do anything after med school graduation because Trey was so small. But to be perfectly honest those last few months of school were pretty great. Intern year was a beast and I feel much more deserving of a vacation for surviving this year than all of medical school!

Cabo.
We went ziplining here and of course you couldn't take your camera. We did some hiking and repelling as well. It was fun to go do something like that with Ryan!

Mazatlan.

I just love him. Seriously, married for 7-1/2 years, undergrad, medical school, surgical residency -- I love him and respect him more than ever. It's nice to be part of a team =)

The ship. We were gone for 7 days. We worked really hard on doing nothing.


Ryan participating in this crazy Cruise Ship game. It was hilarious!


This was our table and we loved them. One of these ladies was a Utah State grad! I really love older couples, especially fun ones and these guys were!

We drove from the port in LA straight to AZ to pick up the kids from Papa and Nana' s new house in Cave Creek. We stayed there for a few days and played with the kids.

I can't thank my parents enough for watching our kids. I didn't worry like I thought I might. My parents offered to babysit, we didn't even have a vacation planned when they did. Thanks so much for taking such good care of them and loving them. I feel so lucky to have my parents and I am always amazed at how hands-on they are with my kids. What a blessing.


7 comments:

Susan said...

Cruise!!! I SO want to do a cruise at some point. And a whole week without kids sounds heavenly! :)

Peck Family said...

Taya Im so glad you guys had such a nice time :) Calling you tomorrow. We need to catch up!

Aubree and/or Addy :) and sometimes Craig said...

That looks like so much FUN! I'm glad you got such an awesome vacation with Ryan. That gets my wheels spinning....Maybe next year!

Aubree and/or Addy :) and sometimes Craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karla said...

Miss you Taya! Glad to see you guys were able to have time the two of you!

Tiff said...

looks sooo amazing! I'm glad for you guys to get a vacation without the youngsters! We're going to try for it soon too! xoxo

Karmann said...

K- So I saw your blog that hadnt been updated in forever and thought I would check it and low and behold it is up and running! I dont know why I thought it wasnt. Anyhoo- looks like you had a wonderful time on your cruise! You guys are so cute. I am in Summerlin till the end of August before I move to Henderson where I will be serving my kids. Would love to catch up. Looks like you are adjusting to Vegas well. email is still the same-K_electra20@hotmail.com or facebook me! miss ya!