Just posting to let you all know that it went well today. They thought it would be about a 20-minute procedure and it took more like 1-1/2 hours. When they got in there the IUD had actually embedded into my omentum(if you watch Oprah you know what that is) so they had to call in a general surgeon to assist in dissecting it out. I am SOOOO tired and feel like I could sleep for 3 days, the anesthesia is rough coming out of! I had to have Ryan stop on the way home so I could throw up -- that's pretty isn't ?!?
Ryan was with me all day and was my "knight in shining armor" -- I love him so much. He made sure to speak with both the anesthesiologist and the surgeon beforehand. Each doctor separately commented on how concerned he was. After it was all said the done the OB/GYN surgeon she was more worried about him than the surgery! Seriously, it was so nice to know he was there checking and rechecking. Even funnier is that he never shows his nervousness to me -- makes it hilarious to hear the doctors say these things. Love you babe!
My mom was so AWESOME taking care of the kids! We got home and they were all so happy. They love having her here. She even taught Trey how to play catch and he LOVES it. Not to mention my mom is on the mend from shoulder surgery she had a few weeks ago. Thanks so much mom I love you!
Thanks to all of you for your well wishes and prayers!!


21 comments:
I am so glad that everything went well today. I hope that you have an easy and quick recovery.
I hope you are feeling better! IUD's scare me!! I had one inserted and I ended up losing my left ovary because it caused an abcess on it (I know overshare as well), but I swear I was the only one that ever had a complication with that thing. I was in the hospital for 5 days, and a 3 week recovery because they opened me clear up (I swear it felt from hip to hip), 2 years later (just last NOv.) they went in and did a laporoscopy because I was having the same pain and from that surgery 2 years ago-when my body was trying to heal my overy healed to my uterus, my uterus healed to my abdomen, and everything to my bowels. Can I just tell you I feel like a total defect, and want to trade this body in for a new one!!! Anyways, crazy stupid IUD's!!!
Hey so happy to hear you're doing well, I was worried about ya... Sorry you had to go through that. You're SO cute!!!
So glad everything went well. Make sure you take advantage of the help and rest (we don't do that enough as moms). You do look beautiful in that picture, but you always do - even after today. Take care.
I'm so relieved everything went smoothly and you're home and healing! (Aren't moms and super sweet husbands just the best?)
Ryan is such a good husband. Glad everything went well and that it's out! We love you.
Taya! This whole story just seem like something that would happen to YOU. Oh gosh. I'm glad to hear everything went well!
So glad to hear you're doing ok. That is sweet about Ryan. it seems like the more they know the harder it is for them. I remember that matt was more nervous than I was during Aliza's delivery...only because he knew the risks and I didn't. :) Tell your Mom I think she is amazing! My Dad just had shoulder surgery a coupe months ago too and is finally feeling back to normal. Hope she is doing ok. I've never seen my Dad in so much pain...and that is saying ALOT. REcovery quick. Long comment. :)
Wow...my spelling is horrible! I need more sleep.
I am so glad everything went well for you Taya! I was thinking about you yesterday. Isn't nice to know your husband has your back! What a great guy! :)
What a relief that it's over and it went well. So glad you have your mom and hubby to watch after you and help out!
Glad to hear it all went well and that it's over with! Good luck with recovery. I hope you get your sleep!
Glad to hear it all went well and that it's over with! Good luck with recovery. I hope you get your sleep!
I am so happy everything went well!
Oh good! Glad you're okay! I hope your recovery goes well:)
This is your long lost 2nd cousin Lyndee. My mom showed me your face book and I saw that you had a blog. I loved catching up on your family. Your kids are darling. I hope you are feeling better. I hope it is ok that I looked at your blog. I hav a blog. It is private so if you want an invite email your email address. lyndekennett@yahoo.com
Taya,
I was thinking about you all day yesterday. I am so happy to hear it went well. I am sorry it was such a tedious procedure though. Ugh! I am glad it is over and I hope you heal real quickly. Ryan is such a nice guy. You guys are such a wonderful family. We will continue to pray for your recovery. Give everyone hugs for us. Love you Taya!
Hope you are feeling more like yourself! I still can't believe all this randomness, but thank heavens you caught it when you did! Kudos to your mom and Ryan for towing the line with everything. Hope we can hook up next week for a long chat and playdate! xo
So glad it went well. Good luck with the recovery!!
I am glad that your doing better, surgery does take a while to recover from, I wish we could help. We miss you!
Taya glad to hear it all went well. Hope your doing great!
Post a Comment