I do have lots of catching up to do with our goings on but this is something that can't wait because I can't stop thinking about it. This month Ryan has been doing a rotation at the Surgical Burn Unit of the County Hospital. Everyday he comes home with more sad stories but this one finally had me searching the Internet for more information. Ryan has worked on one or both of this sweet couple everyday since they were admitted and he came home saying he was sure they were LDS because of the family and how they were telling the doctors they were going to witness a miracle, their faith, their upbeat amazing attitudes, and may more reasons...
So I found the wife's sweet blog. She seems so fun, awesome, amazing... I haven't told Ryan much of my findings on these neat people he works on everyday and their 4 children because he told me it would be just too much information while he still sees them each day. But his Burn Unit rotation is up at the end of the week and I plan on filling him in so he can feel good about being able to help out in some way.
The situation has just got me thinking how quickly life can change it makes me want to focus on being more "in the moment" with the ones I love. You can help donate to "NieNie" and her husband by clicking on the link below:![]()
Sunday, August 24, 2008
How Quickly Things Can Change...
Posted by
JonesFamily
at
4:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Okay Taya have you seen all the people that have linked NieNie with their blog? I have another friend in Cali that posted about them & the photographer who did my sis-in-laws wedding last month posted about them -- I swear they are linked in with all the blogs I read! I guess there are a bunch of silent auctions going on via blogs to raise $ for their medical bills! CRaZy!
PS - I think you should show Ryan. Go here (http://designmom.com/) to see all the silent auctions.
Hi Taya,
I had heard about this from some other friends and actually this family is in a friend of mines stake in Mesa. It is a miracle and it is so amazing the strength and faith people have.
so sad, it would be interesting to talk to Ryan about the Nielsons. Both my sister and brother are friends of theirs and my sister-in-law is somewhat related, long story I'll fill you in sometime. Anyway I've been checking in on Nie Nie's blog for a long time and am so sad, I've been in awe of her since I started reading her blog, such a beautiful girl, mother and wife. So sad.
Post a Comment